Careers at First Air
|Position Vacancy Advisory|
|Technical Sales Specialist||Ref. #P65818|
Position(s) Available1 (Temp. Full Time)
This position is in the Purchasing Department.
|First Air is an equal opportunity employer. Members of designated groups (Aboriginal People, Women, Visible Minorities, and People with Disabilities) are encouraged to apply and self-identify.|
Skills and Qualifications
Include, but not limited to, the following minimum skills and qualifications:
- Must possess a post secondary education specializing in Purchasing or other related field of study or a minimum of five (5) years related experience, preferably in the aviation industry
- Must possess 3 years of aircraft parts selling experience.
- Proven skills in sales negotiations.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess strong communication and organization skills.
- Able to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience dealing with internal and external customers.
- Bilingualism (English and French) is considered an asset.
- Ability to obtain and retain a Restricted Area Identity Card in accordance with the Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance Program regulated by Transport Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities
Interested candidates should be able to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct sales of excess company inventory utilizing operator and industry contacts, ILS System and marketing processes.
- Promote sales to existing clients.
- Identify and solicit potential clients.
- Assess client’s needs and resources and recommend appropriate goods or services.
- Prepare and administer sales contracts.
- Consult with clients after sale to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.
- Must be willing to travel as required to perform sales obligations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Is this the job for you?
Apply in writing with a cover letter and résumé to:
First Air Human Resources Department
Internal and External candidates will be interviewed simultaneously. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews. First Air is committed to employment equity.
This advisory was posted on August 15, 2014.