Careers at First Air
|Position Vacancy Advisory|
|Crew Scheduler||Ref. #F62731|
Position(s) Available1 (Full Time)
This position is in the Flight Operations Department.
|First Air is an equal opportunity employer. Members of designated groups (Aboriginal People, Women, Visible Minorities, and People with Disabilities) are encouraged to apply and self-identify.|
Skills and Qualifications
Include, but not limited to, the following minimum skills and qualifications:
- Grade 12 education.
- 2 years airline experience with 1 year related work experience.
- Knowledge of Company and Transport Canada Regulations governing air crews (including flight and duty time hours).
- Flexibility to work irregular shifts, weekends, and statutory holidays for 24-hour coverage.
- Familiarity with Sabre and AIMS preferred.
- Must be proficient with Windows, Excel and Word.
- Must possess superior interpersonal and communication skills for internal and external customers and contacts.
- Understanding of working with collective agreements.
- Bilingualism considered an asset.
- Strong problem solving skills and be adept at managing multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to obtain and retain an Airport Restricted Area Pass in accordance with the Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance Program regulated by Transport Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities
Interested candidates should be able to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure all flights are effectively and efficiently crewed.
- Ensure all crews are scheduled/assigned and compliant with CARS and collective agreements.
- Monitor all flight delays and ensure crews are able to complete any existing/new duty assignment.
- Monitor and update AIMS data base as required.
- Ensure all flight crew are compliant with medicals, training and licensing required to operate a/c type.
- Liaise with OCC during Irregular Operations to ensure crew compliments and duty days are kept with in the CARS regulations.
- Assign flying, as required and liaise with OCC to accommodate extra sections.
- Call out of Hercules crew for scheduled flights.
- Record and report crew book-offs.
- Book crew hotel and transportation requirements.
- Monitor crew check-ins to ensure on time departures.
- Prepare travel itineraries and cross check all deadheading information, email to crews.
- Assist Chief Crew Scheduler with expense coding and receipt reconciliation.
- Reconcile crew meal allowances and provide to payroll.
- Travel as required.
- Active member of the Emergency Response Team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Is this the job for you?
Apply in writing with a cover letter and résumé to:
First Air Human Resources Department
Internal and External candidates will be interviewed simultaneously. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews. First Air is committed to employment equity.
This advisory was posted on August 27, 2014.