Careers at First Air
|Position Vacancy Advisory|
|Cargo Attendant||Ref. #C546187|
Position(s) Available1 (Full Time)
* IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE UNIFOR COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT - CARGO ATTENDANT SCALE
This position is in the Cargo Department.
|First Air is an equal opportunity employer. Members of designated groups (Aboriginal People, Women, Visible Minorities, and People with Disabilities) are encouraged to apply and self-identify.|
Skills and Qualifications
Include, but not limited to, the following minimum skills and qualifications:
- Must possess a High school diploma or equivalent related work experience i.e. warehouse, forklifts, customer service industry, etc.
- Must have 1 year of related experience.
- Knowledge of cargo handling and processing procedures considered an asset.
- Knowledge and experience of loading and load control on company aircraft considered an asset.
- Forklift driving experience an asset.
- Demonstrated strong communication, organizational, problem solving & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks in a high pressure, high volume environment.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate in Aboriginal Languages considered an asset.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to obtain and retain a D/A level Airport Pass.
- Must be able to obtain and retain a dangerous goods handling certificate.
- Ability to obtain and retain a Restricted Area Identity Card in accordance with the Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance Program regulated by Transport Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities
Interested candidates should be able to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Comply with Company and MOT Standards and Regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service internally and externally.
- Responsibly maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Responsibly use and maintain Company equipment.
- Shift Work including holidays and weekends.
- Assist Customer Service and Cargo Agents if so required.
- Assist passengers with mobility and special needs.
- Perform commissary duties.
- Assist with reconfiguration of aircraft as required.
- Perform other duties and functions related to the foregoing.
- Process airway bills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Is this the job for you?
Apply in writing with a cover letter and résumé to:
First Air Human Resources Department
Internal and External candidates will be interviewed simultaneously. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews. First Air is committed to employment equity.
This advisory was posted on August 15, 2014.