Careers at First Air
|Position Vacancy Advisory|
|Cargo Agent||Ref. #C641093|
Position(s) Available1 (Part Time)
Based inRANKIN INLET
* IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE UNIFOR COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT - AGENT SCALE
This position is in the Cargo Department.
|First Air is an equal opportunity employer. Members of designated groups (Aboriginal People, Women, Visible Minorities, and People with Disabilities) are encouraged to apply and self-identify.|
Skills and Qualifications
Include, but not limited to, the following minimum skills and qualifications:
- Must possess a High school diploma or have equivalent related work experience i.e. warehouse, customer service industry, etc.
- Must have 1 year previous related work experience.
- Previous accounting experience considered an asset.
- Knowledge and experience, preferably in cargo/ramp operations, considered an asset.
- Knowledge of First Air’s Cargo computer program.
- Knowledge of First Air Cargo and Ramp procedures manual.
- Operational knowledge of company aircraft handling.
- Must be familiar with handling of dangerous goods and be able to obtain and retain a dangerous goods acceptance level certificate.
- Demonstrated strong communication, organizational, & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to speak Inuktitut/English, French/English an asset.
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks in high pressure, hgh volume environment.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Ability to obtain and retain a Restricted Area Identity Card in accordance with the Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance Program regulated by Transport Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities
Interested candidates should be able to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Process baggage and passengers.
- Assist passengers with mobility and special needs.
- Maintain records as required.
- Record flight arrival and departing times.
- Conduct radio communications with the aircraft.
- Process weight and balance and load control data.
- Issue waybills and process sales reports for deposit.
- Disseminate information.
- Process shipment and reception of all cargo.
- Perform load service duties.
- Assist Cargo Attendant as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- No staff housing provided
Is this the job for you?
Apply in writing with a cover letter and résumé to:
First Air Human Resources Department
Internal and External candidates will be interviewed simultaneously. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews. First Air is committed to employment equity.
This advisory was posted on August 18, 2014.