Careers at First Air
|Position Vacancy Advisory|
|Avionics (line), Aca||Ref. #M63428|
Position(s) Available1 (Full Time)
* IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE GAFAE AGREEMENT
ROTATION: 3 WEEKS ON/ 3 WEEKS OFF
This position is in the Avionics Department.
|First Air is an equal opportunity employer. Members of designated groups (Aboriginal People, Women, Visible Minorities, and People with Disabilities) are encouraged to apply and self-identify.|
Skills and Qualifications
Include, but not limited to, the following minimum skills and qualifications:
- Must have a grade 12 education and be a graduate from an approved Avionics maintenance training program, or equivalent related work experience.
- Must have a Transport Canada AME “E” license.
- 4 years of experience in Avionics Line Maintenance.
- Experience on ATR42 aircraft is considered an asset.
- Must be adept at managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Must possess an ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment.
- Must possess an ability to assist with maintenance tasks.
- Ability to obtain and retain a Restricted Area Identity Card in accordance with the Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance Program regulated by Transport Canada.
- Must possess a valid drivers licence.
Duties and Responsibilities
Interested candidates should be able to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Perform scheduled work and defect rectification to the appropriate maintenance manual utilizing approved methods and materials.
- Familiarize themselves with all procedures to follow for the maintenance or repairs to the aircraft and/or equipment they are requested to work on.
- Perform work on aircraft as outlined by applicable Work Sheets, Forms, Work Orders, Special Bulletins and Procedures Manuals in conformity with accepted practices.
- Responsibly use and maintain company equipment.
- Maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Staff housing provided.
Is this the job for you?
Apply in writing with a cover letter and résumé to:
First Air Human Resources Department
Internal and External candidates will be interviewed simultaneously. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews. First Air is committed to employment equity.
This advisory was posted on March 20, 2017.